Partnership for a Drug-Free DeKalb County is currently involved with the following projects?
- Scripwatch --A joint venture with the Dekalb County Sheriff's office, Scripwatch has been established to provide a simple and timely method for area pharmacies to report suspicious prescriptions to local law enforcement agencies.
- Mentor DeKalb -- provides Mentors to youth in need of a positive influence to help guide their decision making.
- Radio Spots -- Ads have been placed with local cable and radio stations in an effort to increase awareness of Partnership issues.
- Drug Court Graduation Packets -- the Partnership, along with local businesses, provides gift packages to those successfully completing the Drug Court Program.
- Youth Drug Screening -- Free Drug Screens have been made available by the Court Referral Office. Schools in both the DeKalb County and Fort Payne City systems have been provided with information to be used in referring someone for this service.
- Speakers Bureau -- Speakers are available for schools, churches, civic organizations, PTO's, employers, clubs or any others wanting to learn more about the war on drugs.
- Merchants Against Meth -- The Partnership works hand-in-hand with local merchants to educate them and reduce the availability of the precursor chemicals purchased to supply "home labs" with materials used to make Methamphetamine.