The following are policies of Mentor DeKalb that you, as a parent or guardian, are asked to follow:
- Please talk to your child about what they do with their mentor.
- Let your child's teacher know of personal rules or restrictions concerning your child.
- The mentoring program will be conducted at school or any approved after-school program.
- The mentor will spend at least three hours per month with your child.
- The most important gift that the mentor can give is his/her TIME. Mentors are discouraged from giving gifts or money.
- The purpose of the mentor program is to provide your child the opportunity to develop a supportive relationship with an adult who is also a friend.
- If you have questions or concerns about this program, contact your child's school, classroom teacher, or Liz Wear (Mentor DeKalb Coordinator) at 997-0000 or by e-mail.